Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The Scrum Master is the process owner for the team. The person facilitates and enforces the practices of Agile development, including facilitating all ceremonies, ensures backlog structure, enforces correct use of tools, processes, and cadence – including processes related to story elaboration, effort estimation, and sprint planning.
The Scrum Master must work to remove blockers for the team by facilitating cross-team communication and connecting the concerned parties.
Be part of UBS Software Labs communities which give you an opportunity to develop your skills as well as share your knowledge and experiences with others.
We are a team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. It is not only we do believe in Agile, XP practice – we embody all of those in our everyday work to ensure our software has the highest quality and "value to customer" at its heart. You will be cooperating with the teams located in Wroclaw as well as working across Wealth Management Americas on a strategic Client facing platform - OLS (Online Services).
Plan and drive Agile ceremonies
• Ensures there is time and space available for meetings
• Invites the right stakeholders attend each meeting
• Establishes the sequence and priorities of the agenda for each meeting
• Drives each meeting effectively
• Takes, processes, and distributes notes to the team (can be delegated but scrum master should know the content well)
Ensure backlog structure and tools
• Works with product owner and product analyst to make sure that stories are well defined, written, and estimated
• Ensures that backlog and tools are used correctly by team
• Ensures observance of “Definition of Ready” and “Definition of Done”
• Owns sprint metrics: calculates and presents burndown charts , develop trending and tracking models for metrics
• Facilitate task-creation exercises within Scrum teams
• Maintain backlog platform and tools – EPIC maintenance, status tracking, etc
Ensure delivery efficiency and maintain focus
• Analyze burn down issues to find root causes
• Helps the team resolve problems
• Maintain team’s focus by protecting the process
• Remove blockers by facilitating communication across teams
• Works with the Factor Lead to ensure Scrum Teams are properly resourced and effective
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.