Architecture Engineering Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness in financial services. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Executes the architectural vision for all IT systems through major, complex IT architecture projects; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Develops technology road maps, while keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design.
- Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Applies hardware engineering and software design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing product hardware and software interfaces.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends innovative technologies that will enhance the current system.
- Recommends appropriate software, frameworks, platforms, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy.
- Exhibits good knowledge of competitor’s products and services and also the latest trends in technology space that can aid the development of optimal solutions.
- Acts as an advisor or mentor to junior team members.
- Requires sophisticated analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Impacts the architecture function by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services.
- Guides, influences and persuades others with developed communication and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in working with Financial software development
- 5-7 years relevant experience in designing the architecture of complex applications in Financial Services background.
- Strong experience with Docker Containers , Kubernetes , cloud platforms like AWS / GCP.
- Working knowledge about Microservices architecture and Integration middleware.
- Relevant experience with Database technologies in SQL ( Oracle / Postgres ) and NoSQL ( MongoDB , Redis / Couchbase etc . )
- Sufficient knowledge about various frontend frameworks and technologies.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills. JIRA expertise is desired for effective planning of tasks.
- Ability to develop working relationships across the organization and the industry
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree desired
- Opportunity for professional development in the international and multicultural organization
- Developing opportunities and challenging assignments
- Attractive and stable employment conditions
- Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance, pension scheme)
- Flexible working hours
- Partial Remote work possible