Metrics and Analytics Specialist (Operational Risk & Compliance)
Job Reference #
Are you ready to work in the second line of defense and have experience in developing metrics and reporting for senior management and boards of directors? Do you enjoy transforming complex data into a story that brings new information and convinces people to take actions?
We are looking for someone to contribute to data analytics delivery and help us with:
• actively collaborating with the broader team and Subject Matter Experts to identify relevant data sources, help develop value-add assessments and properly measure level of risk
• advising stakeholders on analytical approaches to problems and associated costs and trade-offs blending/analyzing (by means of wrangling, visualizing and modeling) data from various sources towards providing support for stakeholders
• designing and implementing technical solutions to enable monitoring of levels of risks, often by means of a user-friendly dashboard (Tableau)
• presenting to the stakeholders to inform/educate them about the findings of the analysis
• preparing management reporting on compliance and operational risks
• identifying efficiencies to streamline the compliance and operational risk reporting processes and troubleshooting data issues
You'll work in the Operational Risk Control team in Eximius Park in Zabierzów and report into the Combined US Operations (CUSO). This is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for managing the operational risks arising from UBS' business in the CUSO. On the Operational Risk Control Metrics and Reporting team you’ll be responsible for developing enhanced metrics and reporting to identify and report on compliance and operational risks across the Combined US Operations (CUSO) of UBS.
• a university degree, preferably in an analytical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance or IT)
• experience in data analytics related roles or university degree in Data Analytics/Data Science
• professional experience in working with large and complex data sets, and data visualization, preferably Tableau
• professional experience in programming languages extensively used in data analytics, preferably Python and SQL
• good communication and presentation skills
• fluent in English in order to interact well with all levels of employees within a global organization
• an analytic thinker who enjoys unveiling and reasoning about dependencies in complex datasets
• experienced in working in international business environment, preferably at financial services company
• able to be flexible and capable of prioritizing based on changing internal demands
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.