We're hiring a Senior React Developer to build the next generation of systems for Citi’s Markets businesses. We are utilising cutting edge technology to meet complex trader, supervisory and regulatory requirements and the demands of an increasingly electronic business.
The development position involves:
- Participation in a fast-paced Agile development process
- Development of UI’s for traders, quants and department heads.
- Development of high-quality software, emphasizing simplicity, maintainability and reuse
- Participation in code and design reviews
- Working proactively on diverse and innovative solutions
- Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with the business and business aligned teams to define solutions
- Good communication with support, other development teams, and infrastructure teams
- Thorough testing including test automation and performance/load testing
- Contributing to architectural standards, development best practices, and promoting adherence to these standards
- Contributing to architectural and technical evolution of frameworks and APIs
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Strong programming and UI development skills.
- Commercial experience of Typescript and NodeJS scripting
- Web site UX design
- Investment Banking Experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of HTTP, RESTful web services and API design
- Experience with messaging technologies
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.