Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The R&A Financial Controller will be responsible for Legal Entity Controller activities for New Ventures supporting Exploration. The role holder is expected to manage the business stakeholders in a way that will follow the FO support model, build the positive image of the SBO as well as contribute to business goals.
The R&A Financial Controller is expected to influence effectiveness and efficiency of the processes for his entities, driving CI initiatives and using metrics to assess performance. The R&A Financial Controller will be addressing performance and data integrity issues at the touch points with other processes within FO and beyond.
The role holder will work closely with the relevant Regional Finance Analysts, Planners and Accountants supporting Exploration business as well as wider network across similar roles in FO where processes interact, Group Reporting, Finance Managers, CP, Legal, Treasury, Tax advisors, GRA, auditors, Venture Managers, JV partners and General Managers.
The R&A Financial Controller together with R&A STMs of New Ventures will be expected to shape the accounting, reporting and financial controlling support in a flexible manner with the ebb and flow of Upstream business activity.
R&A Financial Controller will report to the R&A Senior Financial Controller. The role will be based in Krakow. The R&A organization will continue to focus on the resilience & work life balance, recognizing that peak loading can and will occur due to the monthly accounting/reporting cycles. The R&A Financial Controller will ensure that this is mitigated as much as possible and will work on creating a pragmatic approach.
High-level scope overview
R&A Financial Controller will have the overall responsibility for all financials to ensure business activities are conducted in line with all Shell frameworks and policies as well as with applicable Production Sharing Agreements/Joint Venture agreements and local laws and legislation. This includes:
- Leading venture set up in cooperation with the business and other supporting functions, ERP implementation, organizing FO resources, MoA/Company File set-up
- Leading venture liquidations in cooperation with FM/Tax/Treasury/Legal, GDP preparation, guarantees termination, tax clearance, liabilities coverage, external consultancy, liquidator appointments, books clearing, final financial statements and audits
- Responsibility for Financial Reporting and budgeting: Group Reporting, MI, Revenue Transparency, Statutory Accounts, Tax reporting, Partner Reporting (billing statements, cash calls), input to Planning (OP/FYLE), supporting QPA preparation
- Supporting Statutory/JV partner/fiscal/government/controls/SIA and other non-standard audits
- ensuring compliance with GRA, Transfer Pricing and Treasury policies, tax rulings, accounting procedures, cost recovery under JOA/PSC agreements
- Reviewing PCN/GIP/GFP, impairment reviews, cash forecasting, lease models, yearly FTE reviews.
Deep insights into an entity business/financial specifics and ability to generate helicopter view for senior stakeholders
Oversight on output of other FO processes and ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
Ability to translate contracts into accounting notes and experience in reviewing investment proposals
Ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
Excellent communication/presentation and interpersonal/ relationship building skills and ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
Promote finance as a partner to the business and ensure comprehensive financial support is in place for legal entities
Providing knowledge sharing for controllers’ community
Fulfil all reporting requirements changes such as IFRS9/15/16 implementation, CBCR etc.
Smooth transition to new ERPs and redesigning processes across all FO departments to fulfil the needs of a new ERP platforms (if applicable)
CI initiatives so that people could focus on value adding activities only.
Graduate and Professional Qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CA) Accountant with 8+ years of post-qualification experience or can demonstrate qualification through experience.
Exceptional Communication skills and experience of stakeholder engagement at very senior level.
Experience in working in a virtual environment is a pre-requisite.
Network with other Controllers and Managers in SBO on a regular basis to review controls and processes.
Network with the Business to ensure adequate business understanding is maintained. Connectivity will help align role with the underlying business and will ensure that the Finance and Business objectives are addressed appropriately.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects