Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
- This position is responsible for providing leadership and developmental assistance to staff assigned to perform daily accounting functions related to Joint Venture Accounting activities.The Team Manager handles a variety of accounting issues and activities in the Joint Venture management process. This position is also responsible for the accurate recording of Joint Venture financial activities within an established internal controls framework; appropriate application of accounting policies and procedures as defined by Shell (GFAP) and application of industry standards and principles (IFRS/US GAAP) is required.The Team Manager needs to be “troubleshooter” by utilizing prior background and analytical skills to assess complex problems and design solutions under high pressure imposed by tight monthly and quarterly closing deadlines He/she must also possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing effective relationships with operations personnel, Asset Financial Representatives and Financial Manager, Property Accountants, Project Accountants, Revenue Accountants, Landmen and Land Managers and partners Joint Venture accountants
The Team Managers will be given a focus accounting functions as such:
- Period End activities
- Accounts Receivable Management
- Pre-hosting Audit
- Manage workloads, multiple demands, and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining the quality and integrity of data.
- Work effectively with and through others, coordinating intradepartmental efforts to achieve goals.
- Foster a positive work environment with staff and other organizations that encourages inclusion and collaboration by all team members. Ability to work with minimal managerial supervision
- Develop, counsel and mentor staff to produce greater contributions and a higher level of competencies
- Provide timely performance feedback to staff throughout the year, providing input to GPA, IDP and Competency Based Progression proposals.
- Monitor internal controls for master file set-ups, maintenance and contract compliance, including determining necessary updates due to changing business environment or systems.
- Ensure integrity of account data through monthly account analysis, status of accounts and reporting compliance.
- Assist staff in completing process reviews and redesign opportunities
- Coordinate improvements/redesigns with other areas/teams with similar processes to ensure consistency across the organization
- Interpret and report results and generate new ideas for testing of results
- Monitor new design, paying particular attention to internal controls.
- Actively learn sufficient detail and theory of work processes in your team to be able to lead and direct work efforts.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate account balances to underlying business issues. Identify issues, determine corrective action, and implement actions plans.
- Encourage and support appropriate training of staff Continue participation in Finance’s training program and quickly apply learning to analyzing routine business transactions
- Monthly and quarterly financial closings are on a very tight schedule and problems that arise must be identified and resolved quickly while maintaining strong internal controls. Meeting the closing schedule is required, as non-compliance would have significant impact to UA management, as well as with complying with Group requirements. Some of the items which may arise include validation errors, system problems, and problems receiving late, incomplete or incorrect data. Achieve set overdue target portfolio of the team.
Skills & Requirements :
•Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA is an advantage
•4-7 Year experience in related accounting and/or collection processes
•SAP and Microsoft Office skills set are necessary
•Accounting and Reporting (Knowledge)
•Business partnering (Knowledge)
•Business Performance Management (Knowledge)
•Finance Input to Joint Ventures (Knowledge)
•Governance and Assurance (Knowledge)
•Financial Controls (Awareness)
•Joint Venture Accounting Process (knowledge-skill)
•Analyses and Solves Problems (knowledge-skill)
•Collect Partner's AR/Debt (knowledge-skill)
•Reconcile Partner Accounts (knowledge-skill)
•Process Improvement and Innovation (knowledge-skill)
•Uses ERP and Computer System (knowledge- skill)
•Stakeholder Management (knowledge-skill)
•Team working (knowledge- skill)
•Market Awareness (Awareness-knowledge)
•Communicates and persuades (knowledge - skill)
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects