The Securities & Derivative Analyst 1 is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Perform trade verifications to ensure accuracy of booking requests
- Generate and match trade confirmations according to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) templates
- Complete settlement tasks and daily rate revaluations accurately and on time
- Coordinate transaction processing issues to the appropriate department and collaborate on a solution
- Perform regulatory controls, account reconciliations, and record retention activities in accordance with established policies
- Prepare and submit periodic internal and external regulatory reports
- Participate in the periodic General Ledger (GL) proofing exercises as directed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Relevant experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting and regulatory policies
- Proven ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a high-risk environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of macros
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.