Trade Treasury Services TTS provides transaction and banking services to Citi’s Institutional Clients, and is truly a global organisation, having a presence in over 100 countries. TTS is one of the strongest businesses at Citi, delivering consistent quarter-on-quarter profitability and growth.
TTS EMEA Technology Payments and Receivables, processes millions of payments daily for 100+ different payment products across 54 EMEA branches. The Applications Development Manager will be responsible for delivering a complex book-of-work and ensuring the stability & resilience of technology platform.
- Deliver technology solutions to complex, enterprise level programs, managing the design, development, implementation, dependencies, risks and controls elements of the lifecycle.
- Lead software development teams of both permanent and vendor resources. Both on and offshore.
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with vendors who supply products and services to Citi and ensuring they meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
- Lead engineering excellence, continuous integration/delivery rollout and adoption.
- Lead project and application management standards adherence.
- Communicate project timelines and milestones; obtain senior management feedback; understand potential technical speed bumps and client’s true concerns/needs.
- Budget management, including identifying and realizing productivity improvements.
- Manage business/client relationships with the business contacts; build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups.
- Work with domain Architects and Business Analysts in design & product selection.
- Will work closely with Quality Control teams to deliver quality projects to agreed schedules.
Experience and Skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing software development teams.
- Client centric approach to solution design and delivery.
- Enthusiastic about building quality software products with world-class people, processes and tools.
- Experience of managing with an offshore delivery model.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and written, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Ability to contribute in an innovative environment with good analytical and business skills.
- Knowledge of development technology, Java, C#, SQL, Teamcity, Bitbucket, uDeploy, Big Data, Cloud, JIRA etc.
- Software development experience and technology project management experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Project management certification.
- Agile methods and knowledge
- Experience of working effectively in matrix organizational structures. Experience with Financial Services technology platforms.
- Fluent English is the must (other European language(s) will be a plus).
It would be perfect to have a good fundamental grasp of the areas
- OS: Unix/Linux/Windows
- Java and object-oriented programming in general
- Python or another scripting language
- SQL (and also NO-SQL DBs like MongoDB)
- Web dev full stack
- Business Intelligence tools like QlikView
- General technical architectures
- Technologies involved –RESTful Web Services, Spring FM, XML, JSON, Java Script, CSS, SQL, MSSQL/Oracle/DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas of the financial industry and Team support.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management.
- Great place to work.
- Work with new technologies.
- Many different learning opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits.