Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for a meticulous SDET to contribute to Reference data project. The SDET's responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of the application.
As such, an SDET is a test professional with good programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process as well as plan, prepare and run manual testing activities.
Reference Data capability provides business divisions and control functions with the golden source of reference data, sourcing, mastering and distributing the data through a series of centralized data mastering systems via a common Reference Data provisioning service. The Reference Data footprint is wide and interfaces into many critical functions of our business.
Data is distributed via channels which support the aggregation of data to consuming applications, with key consumers across all business divisions including Corporate Center, Operations, Risk, Finance, Treasury and firm wide programs for regulatory compliance. The data provided is strategic and wide ranging covering instruments, pricing product, trading agreement, client and accounts. Further, calendar confirmation and settlement instructions are also distributed along with legal entity and bank wide Industry and country classifications
– Minimum 2 years developing software utilizing Java
– Minimum 1 year developing software utilizing Spring framework
– Detailed understanding of core Java concepts
– Hands-on experience with databases
– Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
– Hands-on experience with Git
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Strong quality assurance skills
– Hands-on experience with distributed systems, Java messaging technologies is a plus
– Experience with Unix and shell scripting is a plus
– Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills is a plus
– Hands- on experience with Teamcity, Maven or analogues is a plus
– ISTQB certificate is plus
– QA background is a plus
– Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools is a plus
– Experience in the financial industry is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.