The AML Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for recommending/ establishing internal procedures to prevent money laundering and assist in all matters concerning financial crimes in coordination with the broader Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team. The overall objective is to utilize established disciplinary knowledge to identify inconsistencies in data or result and formulate strategic recommendations on policies, procedures, and practices.
- Identify, vet and address potential risks or escalated issues with the assistance of functional partners and key stakeholders
- Communicate with internal entities to incorporate findings of the AML control program
- Utilize information from regulatory changes, new regulations, and internal policy changes to further identify new key risk areas
- Analyze comparative data, prepare and present reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitor AML related issues and escalations
- Create and develop AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) standards and policies
- Synthesize/analyze risk information and advise/recommend on a plan of action
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and banking regulations preferred
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience