Location: Generation Park, 36 Prosta St, Warsaw
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit is a global organization, which sits within Citi Solutions Center as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
An opportunity has arisen in our Internal Audit - Corporate Functions department for a Senior Audit Manager. This is a senior level management position responsible for managing a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to develop and execute a robust Audit Plan, and direct complex audit activities for a component of the business at a regional or country level.
- Manage a team of Internal Audit professionals, recruit staff, lead professional development, build effective teams and manage a budget
- Deliver audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and business monitoring and governance committee reports
- Lead reviews for all types of reviews, including the most complex, and review and approve Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries
- Participate in major business initiatives and pro-actively advise and assist the business on change initiatives
- Implement integrated auditing concepts and technology, and follow trends in the Audit field and adapt them for the Audit function
- Identify solutions for a variety of complex and unique control issues, utilizing complex judgement and sophisticated analytical thought
- Analyze report findings, and recommend interventions where needed, proposing creative and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Partner with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience in business, functional and people management
- Proven ability to execute concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement and innovation in audit tools and techniques
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
What we offer:
- At Citi Solutions Center we cooperate with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
- opportunity to further expand knowledge in the area of Internal Audit function
- long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- friendly work atmosphere
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule and other).