Geospatial Data Delivery Analyst
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that whose main duties will include:
• Master Data Management (MDM) stewardship related to all geospatial projects
• ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) – processes related to preparation of data in the data warehouse for analysis including harvesting data, validating data elements, loading data, transforming data, enhancing data
• performing data discovery – finding and testing new data sources
• performing data cleansing and preparation; working with structured and unstructured data
• using proprietary MDM system
• working with geospatial based data
• work autonomously or with a team depending on project demands
• training and personal career development including training related to GIS techniques, programming, and skills
• communication around progress and presentation of results
• managing to personal and team based KPIs and short-term and long-term goals
As a Geospatial Data Delivery Analyst, you will be working in the field of geospatial analysis contributing to the research product of UBS' publishing industry analysts. In this role you will be part of the UBS Evidence Lab Geospatial team, a team comprised of professionals with decades of combined experience in various fields within geospatial, financial, earth sciences, software, engineering, and statistical analysis. Your core responsibility will be focused on stewardship of the organization's Master Data Management system focused on geospatial data sets including various business rooftop, point of interest data, and other web-mined data sets. Geospatial Data Delivery Analysts are trained and groomed in GIS, programming, excel and other technical skills with opportunity to progress toward a Geospatial Business Analyst role over time.
You’ll be working in the UBS Research team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We are expanding our industry-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this organization is the ability to systematically harvest, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data using cutting edge techniques and tools to answer key investment questions concerning the companies, industries and markets that UBS covers. You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
• 2-5 years of experience in a data analytics role
• proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) - Required Technical Skills
• Practical knowledge and understanding of VBA, SQL, Python, GIS would be an advantage
• experience with a very wide array of data sets
• proven ability to execute around tight deadlines
• very good in written and spoken English; other language skills desirable
• a very good communicator and a team player with strong attention to detail and ability to communicate ways to measure accuracy and efficiency
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.