Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
As a Senior Process Expert you will work closely with an international team of experts in Finance, Economics, Reservoir Engineering and IT to develop practical solutions for the Planning processes. Your focus will be on our planning tool (Planning One) – a planning and portfolio optimisation system we have rolled out across our Upstream and Integrated Gas portfolio. However, we are currently exploring to further utilise the tool across our Businesses. This is an opportunity for an experienced Petroleum Economist, Economist or an Engineer with a strong understanding of petroleum economics and an interest in software to move into a business analysis role. As we are a growing organization you will be presented with opportunities to take ownership for projects and rapidly develop your experience and skills in other areas of our Businesses as well.
This is a global role and may require flexibility to accommodate different time-zones in case of emergencies.
- Planning One currently has more than 600 users based in all geographical areas of Upstream and IGNE
- Interfaces including Group Planning and Reporting, FO PAR, Reservoir Engineering, Strategy & Portfolio and Economists at Group, Directorate, Line of Business and Asset level
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing a variety of business projects, change requests in the areas of business planning, reserves reporting, project economics, financial forecasting, portfolio optimization, and fiscal/commercial modelling
- Providing our stakeholders with commercial and strategic analysis along with decision analysis
- Proposing innovative solutions to generate better and timelier insights that help drive decision making in one of the largest gas producers in the world. Lead the development process for such solutions
- Working with software developers, architects and business counterparts to ensure the system is functioning in accordance with our standards and the business needs
- Managing project implementation of suite of software products and solutions
- Researching petroleum fiscal regimes and developing models to support analysis.
- Contributing to thought leadership within the organization
- Mentoring more junior analysts and help to develop their expertise
- Developing and cultivating long-term relationships with business stakeholders
- Delivering other automation initiatives in the Planning, Appraisal and Reporting space
Strong analytical skills are essential with an ability to think strategically. Candidates will have the ability to apply a comprehensive range of economic evaluation / business analysis techniques widely used within the industry. An understanding of Risks and Uncertainties associated with the business
• Comprehensive understanding of fiscal regimes (Royalty Tax and PSCs)
• Demonstrable experience in using industry economic software packages
• Strong Excel modelling is a prerequisite and any IT systems development or project management experience would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English.
• Presentation skills with an ability to interact at senior management levels. You must be able to communicate complex ideas in an understandable and relatable manner.
• Knowledge of at least one programming language is a must. VBA/ VB.Net is preferred but other languages like Python are acceptable as well
• Other IT: Intermediate/Expert Excel skills, knowledge of MS Access, knowledge of SQL
• Project Management experience
• Ability to translate Business requirements into practical IT solutions
• Ability to use software packages such as SQL Server & Office/Power point
• Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
• Professional demeanour
• Fluent in English (written and spoken) and effective in communicating
• Self-starter, autonomous worker and ambitious
• Flexible, resilient and can manage ambiguity
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects