Who Are We?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Global Voice and Network department. Department is responsible for provision and support all Voice service for internal and external users. The team covers operational activities, day-to-day support and works closely with partners to ensure highest possible service availability and optimal TCO for managed systems.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
Automation Engineer will be responsible for automating manual tasks performed by various teams supporting Voice systems. You will apply your extensive technical subject matter knowledge and social skills to uncover challenges and identify/develop solutions to solve those challenges. You are distinguished within your field for having a deep level of technical understanding and experience. You will partner with leaders, developers, and engineers to implement solutions that meet the needs of the internal customer. You will resolve complex issues, using your deep technical knowledge and analysis, and provide support as a senior technical contact within CTI
- Responsible for automating user provisioning on Voice systems
- Responsible for the automating various controls and compliance requirements such as user entitlement feeds, inventory discovery and updates, capacity reporting and inter-system feeds
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Partner with engineering and operations teams on the design and development of the end to end automation solutions
- Identify and implement system enhancements to deploy new automation products and improve performance of presently automated solutions
- Ensure automated application performance is optimized through appropriate design, testing and tuning
- Complete necessary tasks for system implementation and ensure production support processes are in place as necessary
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of own area and others (I. e. architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Gather and apply standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation
- Provide expertise area of and demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of the principles of applications programming
- Provide technical leadership to the automation team to ensure implementations adhere to the overall architecture blueprint
- Ensure delivery by the team meets committed schedules
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions
Skills / Experience Levels
- Excellent design, development and testing skills showing expertise across the full software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of .NET, C#
- Nice to have knowledge of Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Experience in working with Visual Studio, TFS or GIT, JIRA
- Demonstrable knowledge of Database and ETL technologies
- Excellent SQL query development skills will be required as a means to enable high performance data movement and transformation
- Understanding and experience with testing and QA strategies especially for backend development
- Proven experience of automation and data transformation
- Experience of deploying and utilizing Web Services
- Experience with QA/testing strategies for database centric development
- Previous experience of moving applications into production environment
- Understanding of data management landscape including data quality, data analysis data integration and metadata management
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits.
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Great place to work
- Work with new technologies
- Many different learning opportunities
- Flexible working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."