Location: Warsaw, Poland, Generation Park, Prosta 36
Who we are:
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit is a global organization, which sits within Citi Solutions Center as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The successful Candidate will provide the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a product line/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This role is for a Senior Audit Manager focused on audit coverage of Conduct and Supervision within the Citi Institutional Clients Group – Regulatory Initiative and Centralized Markets Functions IA team, reporting to the Audit Director for Conduct and Supervision.
The Senior Audit Manager role will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the Conduct and Supervision audit plan and assurance strategy globally. Including but not limited to, Designated Markets Activities (DMA) annual controls review, thematic Conduct and Supervision audits. The role is also an integral part of the delivery of conduct assurance strategy across Citi IA and will be required to collaborate with other groups and provide coordination and subject matter expertise in relation to Market Conduct and Supervision within Citi IA.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan focused on Conduct and Supervision, by reviewable entity, for the Markets businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Regulatory focus and resulting regulatory expectations regarding Conduct and Supervision (e.g. Market Abuse).
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of products associated with the Global Markets products.
- Possesses working knowledge of conduct risk and key markets regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
What we offer
- Professional development in an international role, which provides a regular exposure to auditing activities in numerous countries within EMEA region.
- An enjoyable and challenging learning path, which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s products and services as well as development of your personal skills.
- At Citi Solutions Center we cooperate with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, Multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule, remote work, internal job opportunities globally and other).