The Team.We are looking for Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team based at our offices in Krakow. The team is helping the company to gather and process data in order to drive decisions based on data. We have a cool office with amenities located 20 minutes away from Krakow Old Town.
The Role.As a Data Engineer at PMI you will develop data pipelines for ingestion of data to PMI Landing layer using python/Scala and AWS services like AWS Glue, S3, CloudFormationa and Lambda. You will also support our Data Scientist teams with data preparation (Airflow, Spark, AWS EMR).
Additionally, you will improve the current level of automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of our platform as well as do code reviews for your peers.
We are looking for people with experience in python, Scala (Java), SQL programming and code versioning (GIT or SVN). You should also have experience in ETL/ELT (data processing, preparation of automated pipelines). Experience in AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS cloud formation and Object Oriented programing will be an asset.
- Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Handle production support issues as they arise (problem solving, debugging).
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge/proven experience working with:
- Python (advanced), Scala (Java)
- SQL programming
- Building ETL processes
- Code versioning (GIT/SVN)
- Data ingestion from APIs
- Problem solving skills
- Quick learning of new technologies
- Experience in AWS Glue, AWS CloudFormation
- Experience in Big Data stack (Hadoop ecosystem)
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADERPMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in different stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.