As Collections Specialist, you will be responsible for routine telephone calls to delinquent customer accounts and resolving problems that delay Receivables, including timely and effective communication with other departments.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Provides training and coaching for new starters as well as retaining / coaching of existing team members as required
- Takes ownership of small projects and delivers expected results on time
- Is pro-active in escalating dispute information to a high standard as required in accordance with escalation policy
- Ensures weekly/monthly Receivables targets are achieved, flagging possible problems early to the Team Leader
- Assists in the preparation of management reports in line with Client and ’s requirements
- Ensures that the Receivables processes are followed and are in adherence with SOX policies
- Is proactive and innovative in generating ideas to improve processes and service delivery to the client
- Attends Client meetings to discuss payment performance and addresses issues as required
- Is flexibility around working hours during client specified key periods (month end)
- Maintains and updates customer data and aging reports
- Performs any other duties deemed appropriate by either or the Client related to the Receivables or dispute resolution process.
What do we expect from you?
- Min. 1-year Receivables or accounts receivable experience in an international environment
- Dispute resolution knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills both written and oral with very good telephone skills
- Ability to work on own initiative while in a Team environment
- Excellent organizational & time management abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships across both and the Client’s organizations.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Third level qualification will be an advantage but not essential. Relevant work experience will be considered.
- Intermediate Excel an advantage, but not essential
- SAP and DynamicsAX experience are preferred
- Sarbanes/Oxley knowledge preferable but not essential