Java Software Engineer (Senior / Principal)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a skilled Java Engineer who pays attention to details and is quality driven? Are you keen on learning and utilizing latest frameworks and technologies on daily basis? Are you an experienced Software Craftsman? You are not afraid of a complex financial business domain? You will develop and maintain a set of low latency solutions performing critical functions of the Investment Bank. You will work closely with developers, trade support and business development analysts.
We are looking for someone who would like to:
• first and foremost contribute to the development of our products and guide the future evolution of our systems
• apply best development practices
• master and utilize state-of-the-art technologies within our products
• design and develop future evolution of the systems
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a set of low latency solutions performing pricing and market making of equity derivative products or a group of applications which allows UBS traders, all over the world, to create and trade equity derivatives. As a java developer, you'll play an important role in delivering best quality software to our users.
Members of this team work closely with traders, trade support and business development analysts. The systems are going through exciting business and technical evolutions.
• experience with Java 8, Spring , SQL (Oracle),
• understanding of TDD
• understanding of concepts like OOD, BDD, DDD, CI/CD
• knowledge of modern technical architectures and highly scalable distributed systems
• excellent understanding memory model and multithreading in java world
• experience with Spring, Hibernate, microservices and REST
Nice to have:
• experience with other JVM languages such as Groovy
• hands-on experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• experience with stream processing, Flink, Kafka, ELK Stack
• hands on with Unix
• finance sector background a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.