Location: Generation Park, 36 Prosta St, Warsaw
Secondary location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Citi Solutions Center is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit is a global organization, which sits within Citi Solutions Center as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The Senior Auditor is responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to utilize in-depth subject matter expertise to contribute to the development of new techniques / processes for the area or function and help Citi reach business goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to many parts of the business and to use your technical skills in a different way. Training on the Internal Audit methodology is provided to all new members of the Internal Audit team and further training and certifications are encouraged.
- Perform moderately complex audits including drafting audit reports, presenting issues to the business, and discussing practical solutions
- Draft audit reports and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted time-frames, and budgeted costs
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines
- Apply internal audit standards, policies, and regulations to provide timely audit assurance and influence audit scope
- Develop effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Work for a world-class bank with a strong global brand
- Obtain an exposure to Citi’s businesses and functions in Warsaw and across the globe
- Build in-depth product knowledge of the businesses being audited and sharing good practice with other businesses
- Develop highly-transferable skills that will provide the foundation for a varied career in Citi or further afield
- Firm understanding of risks and controls ideally in a similar business to Citi
- Application of business process analysis techniques or a similar analytical discipline
- Previous experience in a related role with experience in business or practice, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding internal controls
- Proven ability to manage a variety of concurrent tasks to deliver high-quality output with defined timelines.
- Operational audit management experience is preferential but not essential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel’s analytical tools (e.g. VLookup, data pivots) is ideal but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Report writing and issue writing skills
- Risk and controls mind-set
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
- At Citi Solutions Center we cooperate with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
- opportunity to further expand knowledge in the area of Internal Audit function
- long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- friendly work atmosphere
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule and other).