Unix System Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you fancy being creative? Do you have a Unix System admin background, previously working on a Unix/Linux platform to create, code, web based tools and pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites?
We are looking for someone like you to:
- be involved in the technical and design aspects of our websites and tools, producing, maintaining and supporting the websites as well as improving the functionality as required, and determining how it works.
- maintain and support Core Infrastructure technologies including in house designed and developed Web based tools/ NIS /RHN/Jumpstart/Puppet/Licensing as well as the improvement, development and implementation of lifecycle strategy on day to day basis.
- liaise with Engineering and Global Service Delivery Management on solutions and requirements and support Infrastructure projects and change activity and deliver of innovative solutions.
- develop and implement tracking, reporting audit controls and strategy
- participate in Infrastructure projects and key activity such as Business Continuity Management, Site Power-downs, and Infrastructure change weekends as well as Change projects such as Technology refresh programs and Audit & Security remediation.
- work both during business core hours as well on ad hoc and scheduled weekend working rotas."
We are a L3 Unix team part of the Service Operations within Technology Services working closely with other platforms including Database, Storage, Virtual (VISM), Networks and Windows. The team closely collaborate with all technology teams is essential for the delivery of the required services.
- experience in supporting Website development in a UNIX based distributed computing environment with large enterprise of servers.
- solid understanding of UNIX-based operating systems both Redhat Linux and Solaris Perl, Apache, HTML Ruby, SQL are required.
- ability to write scripts (ie. Python, Perl, SQL, BASH, ksh, sh or csh)
- knowledge of virtualization technologies, such as Vmware Solaris Zones.
- clustering technology experience is essential including Sun Cluster/VCS/Redhat Cluster.
- familiarity with management of Infrastructure technologies including LDAP, Puppet, RHN, DNS, Kerberos, NIS, Jumpstart.
- file system and storage management skills is essential including ZFS, LVM, Volume Manager, Secure NFS
- familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing and storage environment concepts and technologies LAN, WAN, routing protocols, NFS, LDAP, SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, etc.
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.