Sanctions Screening HUB is a specialized unit providing sanction control services. HUB was created in June 2015 - since then we consistently expand the list of types of services and the scope of countries. Ultimately, the team will provide services for most countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The role is to act as point of contact for Client Operations, responsible for the coordination and successful end-to-end delivery of the Sanctions Governance Projects through various strategic programs under Global Payments and Receivables transformation.
Successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end projects, encompassing a number of diverse systems, products and processes. It will therefore give an opportunity to influence product development and understand different payments systems and products in over 90 countries. The successful candidate will increase their visibility within the organization and thereby ensure personal and professional growth. Visibility here is at multiple a global and regional level across functions and geography. Additionally, through interaction with peers across the organization, the successful candidate will be able to widen their perspective in respect of market developments, build industry contacts. The role may also allow interaction with the various organisation silos from front to back.
- Strategic outlook on Projects Governance within HUB in light of the new technology solutions aiming at standardization, high level of automation and centralization.
- Actively involved in guiding and supporting business analysts in defining, driving and executing elements of Global Sanctions Projects.
- Enhancing the Program governance structure across stakeholder management, escalation and resolution of issues and ensuring delivery and visibility of Projects alongside delivering the strategic programs on payments transformation
- Negotiate internally, often at senior levels (across functions) and with external parties, as needed
- Resolve highly complex and varying issues that have substantial potential impact and execute transaction services strategies by applying in-depth industry knowledge
- Adherence to Project / Program management standards ensuring good housekeeping and maintenance of artifacts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made
- Demonstrate particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy
- Apply sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices
- Escalate, manage and report control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Strong disciplines on implementation and project delivery
- Experience in global project management and/or sanctions related processes
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Understanding of payments processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives concurrently and cope with changes in priorities
- Good problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Ability to work both within a team environment and individually to achieve targets and strict deadlines
- Work time flexibility for global coverage
- A unique package of social benefits, including: MultiSport card, private medical care, group insurance, pension program and discounts at many gastronomic and cultural points throughout Poland
- Possibility to develop soft skills for public appearances within the official Citi Toastmasters club
- Access to free training platforms, developing competencies and individual interests
- Organization of many events supporting integration of departments
- Work in an international environment allowing broad business knowledge and practical use of English
- Internal development and mobility programs
- Fruit, juice and coffee
- Work in a harmonious team