ETL/Oracle developer for Finance IT
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you looking to work in data intensive projects in global investment bank? Are you enthusiastic about learning new tools/ technology and building solution using them? Do you have the zeal to accept technical challenges and deliver innovative technical solution within tight deadlines? We are looking for someone with data warehousing/data management expertise who can:-
• Build data-sourcing development frameworks to support global data strategy for Finance and Risk (FRAS)
• Help us in identifying the best in class technology solution for data intensive project.
• Show willingness to learn new technology quickly and start contributing on related projects
• Participate actively in technical design discussions and proof of concepts exercise (e.g. related to platform- improvement, system consolidations, release process improvement etc.)
• Suggest and execute automation ideas
You'll be Software Engineer working with local development team to provide adequate software solutions following standard development life-cycle processes. You'll also be working and engaging business analysts, developers and end-users at appropriate stages in project lifecycle.
• 5 years of experience in required technology
• Proven technical expertise in Informatica Power centre with SQL, PL/SQL (Oracle 10g / 11g), Data warehousing and Data Modelling concepts, Batch job scheduling, Unix Shell Scripts.
• Experience in data quality/governance standards/ archiving/ performance tuning and other data management related areas
• Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technology
• Ability to understand the big picture of the application and work towards suggesting/executing the application stability/improvement ideas
• Mindset to understand functional aspects of applications while being part of Technology team
• Proven ability to lead a team of technology professionals will be added advantage
• Experience of working in technical infrastructure upgrade projects will be added advantage
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science
• A strong communicator (both written and verbal), comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• Quick learner and pro-active
• A great team player and someone who leads by example
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.