Who we are looking for
A self-motivated, energetic Data Analyst who will join our Global Human Resources (GHR) Analytics team. You will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us discover insights and trends. Your focus will be in doing statistical analyses, applying data mining techniques, and developing insightful visualizations to ensure that timely, accurate and insightful information around workforce planning is available to company decision makers across the global organization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Workforce Data Analytics Consultant you will
- Drive the GHR Workforce Analytics strategy for State Street in partnership with the Workforce Planning & Analytics Global Leader;
- Participate in development of data architecture efforts to ensure it properly supports providing analytics;
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for trends/metrics/analytics;
- Partner with IT resources to implement and maintain distribution of trends/metrics/analytics;
- Keep informed on new and emerging data mining techniques;
- Prepare analysis data sets and cleaning source data, combining multiple data sources for use in analysis;
- Prepare analytics results to be communicated across the organization in a way that informs and drives the organization to action;
- Utilize analytical and visualization software such as SAS, R, Matlab, Tableau;
- Provide consultation, develop research/ project plan, analyses, data interpretation, and presentation; manage all phases of reporting projects;
- Develop material for and train HR professionals in evidence-based HR;
- Unpack data to unlock previously unknown trends/metrics/analytics;
- Provide comparative and dependent insights into specific business unit analytics.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Intellectual curiosity and strong desire to learn;
- Strong business acumen with excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate analytics insights to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to manage ambiguity; thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; can adapt plans due to changes in priorities and clients’ objectives;
- Intermediate level consulting skills and experience is desired, but not required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 5 years of applied analytics, quantitative project work, or analytics consulting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Information Management is required, Master’s degree will be a plus;
- Previous experience with client facing role;
- Knowledge of data visualization tool is a must, Tableau will be a plus;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of scripting language would be a plus;
- Fluent English language skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of project management fundamentals based on previous project work;
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway