IT System Architect (Compute)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about the functional and technical specification of all the products and platform that make up the Compute service and integration of all relevant components in the ecosystem. You will be working with CTO to design Compute Solutions that are aligned to strategic objectives. Additionally, you will be expected to provide guidance to the Compute Engineering teams in the technical deliverables and will be responsible for ensuring that all designs are built with security and availability as primary concerns to meet client requirements. We are looking for an IT System Architect to join our team and help us to:
– provide technical SME guidance on architecture design decisions and ensure engineers are able to define functional and technical specification for all compute platforms/products in alignment with product/platform roadmap
– coordinate technical implementation for deliverables with complex dependencies
– act as an escalation point for 3rd/4th level support issues
– interface with vendors on support and development / feature improvement areas
– lead new product evaluation, PoC and testing
– identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve reliability and availability of our products and services
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Hosting team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You'll be working the Compute Service team based in Wroclaw. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
– Technical expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure (preferable), GCP, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (preferably Linux), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies ( Docker ,Kubernetes, etc. )
– Professional certification in Azure
– Excellent understanding of the Non Functional Requirements (NFRs) of projects and how Platform architecture can make systems secure, resilient and performant
– Hardened operating systems / security concerns, bastions, DMZs
– Any certifications in Agile, Scrum would be of interest but by no means essential
– Commercially aware
– A committed and visionary team player with analytical and problem-solving skills
– Self-motivated with good organizational, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
– A hands-on person with ability to analyses problems through to root cause and find effective solutions
– Curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
– Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.