Environmental and Social Risk Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you interested in environmental and social risk issues? Would you like to join us in the focus on their relevance to the business?
We're looking for a risk control specialist to:
• support development and implementation of best-in-class ESR framework and automation of processes and contribute to trainings for business and control functions
• assess environmental and social risks in client onboarding and transaction due diligence
• contribute to portfolio reviews and support the team in reviewing and further developing ESR standards, risk appetite and processes taking account of regulatory developments
• contribute to the team's reporting, external disclosure and communication
You’ll be working in the ESR team located in Zabierzow Eximius Park, near Krakow in Poland. You’ll play a vital role in seeing that the necessary risk frameworks are appropriately embedded across the firm. As a risk control specialist you’ll act as second line of defense and partner with the business to manage regulatory and associated risks.
As a part of Group Risk Control, the ESR team has firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles and controls to manage ESR and associated reputational risks.
We develop and implement the ESR framework and conduct ESR assessments across the firm. We advise senior management in advancing UBS's strategy on climate, environmental, and human rights principles that safeguard the firm's reputation for responsible corporate conduct. In addition, we contribute to UBS's external reporting and communications in these areas. We are a small, but efficient team, driven by protecting the firm and its clients from environmental and social issues.
• a good understanding of, or strong interest in ESR issues, knowledge of key international ESR standards and best practices and their relevance to the banking sector
• a university degree or post-graduate qualification in environmental, or sustainability studies, economics, business administration, international affairs / law or a related field
• experience in a risk control or business function in the financial sector; consideration given for an ESR/ESG or sustainability background in the corporate sector
• skilled communicator who adapts style to audience and conveys clear, accurate and concise information
• business focused and a good project manager able to work independently and across a broad agenda, and with a diverse network of internal clients and across various cultures
• able to deliver on targets also in an extended home-office setup
• able to engage stakeholders towards building consensus and buy-in
• independent worker able to deliver on targets also in an extended home-office setup
• critical thinker focused on details, with solid analytical and reporting skills
• energetic, self-directed, outcome-oriented, hardworking and collaborative team player
• fluent in English a must, other languages a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.