Bank Handlowy’s independent Compliance organization proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance.
Compliance Testing is part of Compliance function in Bank Handlowy. This team comprises the following groups: Retail Banking & Credit Cards, Markets, Treasury and Trade Solutions as well as Corporate &Commercial Bank, Prudential – covers Transaction Reporting, Customer Protection and various other Regulatory reviews.
- Participation in control and 3-years risk based control planning process in Compliance Testing
- Monitoring the Control Plan execution and implementation of corrective actions
- Maintaining an effective program of the quality assurance
- Execution of controls required by the PFSA Recommendation H in terms of the vertical testing function
- Supporting the continuous process of enhancing methodology
- Lead and contribute to the design and implementation of key initiatives to improve various aspects of the Compliance Testing activities
- Monthly and periodical reports for the Bank’s Management Board and the Audit and Compliance Committee
- Supporting the Compliance Testing Executive
- University education preferred, but an exceptional working track record will be deemed equally important
- Background in Audit, Controls, Risk or Compliance with an in-depth understanding of testing or audit methodology, risk and control analysis is required
- Financial services industry experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate review findings and defend if challenged
- Well organized, efficient and able to multitask with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
- Regulatory experience, e.g. GDPR, MIFID, PFSA’s Recommendations
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong report writing skills
- Fluency in Polish & English
What we offer?
- Work in dynamic and challenging environment in well-established financial institution
- Taking part in exciting and innovative projects
- Very attractive and substantive training package
- Stability of employment and possibility to grow within Bank structure as well as international Citi structure
- Work with experts in international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to develop a more in-depth view of the businesses
- Support in getting professional certification
- Competitive salary and attractive social package (private healthcare, fitness card, life insurance, retirement plan)
The successful candidate will play an important role in the testing activities providing opportunities to develop a more in-depth view of the businesses being tested from a regulatory and compliance perspective. Furthermore, the Compliance Testing Expert will get an opportunity to work with other pillars/facets of controls while working on special project co-ordination initiatives.
The role of Compliance Testing Senior Expert is located at Bank Handlowy S.A. in Warsaw: