Who we are looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen at the senior associate level within Corporate Actions which involves carrying out a high risk function within the operation. The successful candidate’s responsibilities primarily include the timely and accurate processing of client Corporate Actions instructions for Global market events within a Middle Office or Custody environment. This will also involve working closely with Global (Sub) Custodians around the instruction confirmation process on behalf of a diverse client base.
What you will be responsible for:
- Act as a Team Leader of an operating team providing support and control over complex and time critical corporate action events and transactions;
- Provide training and coaching to team members;
- Assist managers by prioritizing the workload and ensure daily tasks are completed;
- Ensure effective risk management by coordinating or completing end of day management reporting and ensuring timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues;
- Act as a subject matter expert support on projects and initiatives aimed at improving the corporate action product;
- Provide coverage in the absence of team member or First Line Manager;
- As assigned process and/or resolve complex issues such as but not limited to instruction discrepancies, suspense account reconciliation and exception resolution;
- Assist and co-ordinate procedural changes to the current process;
- Identify areas where a process can be automated;
- Deliver effective client service.
What we value:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential;
- Acts collaboratively;
- willingness to learn;
- Team player;
- Idea generator;
- Demonstrates ability to work accurately and to daily deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications::
- An understanding of the financial services industry;
- Experience of Corporate Actions in a custody and/or middle office environment;
- Educated to a degree level (preferred);
- Experience in supervising a team (preferred).
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.