The Infrastructure Solution Architect is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Analyzes system / application architecture; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Evaluates and tests potential IT architecture solutions to ensure they meet user needs and requirements.
- Creates and produces moderately complex IT architecture designs to translate user requirements to solutions.
- Researches and produces standards documents.
- Researches future industry trends; acts as resource for development staff regarding the use of new technologies.
- Applies hardware engineering and software design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing product hardware and software interfaces.
- Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
- Exhibits sound understanding of concepts and principles in architecture and basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how the area integrates within architecture and has basic commercial awareness.
- Trains and mentors junior team members.
- Uses evaluative judgment based on the analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Has direct impact to the architecture area by ensuring the quality of the tasks/services/ information provided by self and others.
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships, manage multiple activities and changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits.
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Great place to work
- Work with new technologies
- Many different learning opportunities
- Flexible working environment
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.