Who we are looking for
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor you will act as a subject matter expert in NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for providing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. In addition you will be responsible for managing and developing the careers of your direct reports and yourself. Managing workflow, providing trainings and ensuring up-to-date procedures to strengthen technical skills, coupled with furthering the soft skills within your team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor (AIS NAV) you will
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L reconciliation review
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Have the pportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
- Ambition to succeed and forge a longterm career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting or similar financial industry
- Good command of English
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway