Who we are looking for:
This position is for a strong technical, hands-on software development lead role to execute large complex projects within the State Street “Derivatives Hub” (DHub). DHub is the middle and back office solution for listed Options and Futures; Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives; Cleared derivatives products. The position requires designing/developing Java components including J2EE, Oracle, SQL/PLSQL, and a queueing technology. The person in this role will be completely hands-on and will work with cross-functional teams.
What you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain middle-tier and backend modules using Java, Spring web services, streaming, messaging, PL/SQL, UI and hibernate technologies,
- Play a key developer role in an experienced, energetic onshore/offshore team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed and come up with solutions
- Key hands on resource with 4+ years of strong software programming experience in server side Java development of robust, reliable and high-performance solutions.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent or related field
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).
- Experience with managing and resolving problems on a live production system.
- Good understanding of SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management, SQL tracing, DB stats, indexing techniques, using AWR reports etc., desirable.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).This includes setting and enforcing standards around:
- System design and review
- Code review
- Build practices and Continuous Integration
Experience required in:
- Maven/Gradle/Ant/SBT experience
- TDD, JUnit
- Experience with VCS, i,e,. Git
- Understanding of OOP vs Functional programming
- Understanding of MicroService architectures
- Competency in Oracle working with SQL
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the business needs
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible.
- Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
- Past experience working in the Financial industry especially Derivatives or Financial industry preferred
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
Why this role is important to us:
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.