Technical CTO Architect
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop
and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We are seeking the rare mix of a person who is passionate about technology, committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients, and can speak to developers and business executives in their own language:
• Translate the business vision and strategy into the technology landscape by working with Group Risk Control, the front office, and technology stakeholders to agree on and document our target-state architecture.
• Produce technology architecture principles, standards, and models within the Risk Technology domain and promote their adoption within Risk.
• Optimize costs by streamlining and automating cloud deployments for application owners.
• Advise on how we can leverage new technologies in the area of big data, ML, reporting, visualization, analytics, etc.
• Validate approvals for Requests for Technology (RFT’s) on behalf of the Risk CTO.
• Promoting and validating the adherence to Minimum Enterprise Requirements through the lifecycle management process
• Improve the tech and engineering culture of App Dev teams e.g. by setting up working groups to ensure bottom-up buy-in into IT strategy.
• Understand, support and enhance Agile work practices such as small cohesive teams, team empowerment, automated CI/CD, MVP concepts, and hackathons.
• Dive into an unfamiliar codebase to get familiar with the code and provide advice on making improvements.
Group Technology’s Risk CTO team is looking for an experienced IT professional with experience in Enterprise Architecture and modern technology (Cloud, Big Data, AI). We are modernizing our application portfolio and migrating to Azure in one of financial service’s biggest cloud migrations to date. You’ll be expected to provide innovative technical thought, leadership and cutting-edge application development approaches for our team.
• Experience with cloud technologies (Azure GCP, or AWS) and enabling cloud-native solutions.
• 3-5 years' experience of IT Architecture experience and general IT management competencies.
• Sound understanding of modern technologies (Big Data, AI/ML, Containers, Cloud Computing) is a requirement.
• Strong influencing skills and ability to manage in global and matrixed organization with experience dealing with business & technology CxO’s.
• 3 years relevant experience in the Global Financial Services Industry, specifically supporting Finance or Risk Department would be advantageous, but is not required.
• Technology experience of application development and product engineering and infrastructure fundamentals in context of software development lifecycle.
• Contributing to the firm's strategic planning process.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.