Java Developer Krakow
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable Java platforms? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze business requirements and design / develop robust technical solutions
– work as part of an agile development team within a global technology team located in the US, UK, Poland, and India.
– Collaborate with other global IT teams outside of Finance Technology
– We are looking for a hands-on, experienced technical team member to work in the Regulatory Applications team for Finance Technology, who has built and worked on the development of applications with modern technologies and will continue to expand his technical knowledge to deliver value to the business.
“You’ll be working on Regulatory Finance team, part of the wider Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role in Finance, Risk and Analytics Service. FRAS is to design and implement IT products that ensure complex regulatory requirements and transformation programs are tracked through to solution. We are helping transform our organization through best in class technology architecture principles leveraging Cloud, AI and Agile methodologies. We are a global IT team supporting our internal clients throughout the world
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience: participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle including:
o requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, coding, testing, and implementation;
o providing support for real-time low latency, distributed software systems processing big data sets;
o utilizing technologies including Java, Apache Spark, Python, Unix scripting, batch design, and Oracle,
o including development using PL/SQL.
- Functional programming /Scala/Big data/Cloud(AWS/Azure) experience are a big plus.
- Candidates will require strong problem solving ability and aptitude for learning new technologies.
Other Key Requirements:
- Good communicator both written and verbal along with stakeholder management
- Results-driven individual with ability to deliver good quality solutions to tight timelines
- A strong team player who takes initiative
- Organized, well-structured and with drive to deliver high quality software solutions / components
- Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
- passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.