Junior Financial Crime Prevention Analyst - temporary position
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Are you someone with an analytical mind and an eye for detail? Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial systems? We are looking for someone like you with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail who wishes to gain experience within Financial Crime Prevention/AML by joining our new Krakow based Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigations Team.
In this role you would:
• assist in performing the ongoing global screening of our Investment Banking clients to look for Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and UBRs (Unwanted Banking Relationships)
• make recommendations to the regional heads of Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) with regards to ongoing actions required against true matches
• perform ad hoc tasks and investigations within the wider FCP function as required
• support the EMEA HEAD of AML Advisory and Investigation
The IB EMEA Financial Crime Prevention Team is responsible for all elements of the AML Framework including (but not limited to) Policy setting, Enhanced Due Diligence, SAR Investigation and Reporting, Training and Education. This role will be based in Zabierzow within our dedicated offshore team reporting into the EMEA Head of AML Advisory and Investigation in London. It is today widely recognised that the prevalence of economically motivated crime in many societies is a substantial threat to the development of economies and their stability. As part of our responsibility to maintain the integrity of the financial markets, UBS is required to have systems and controls in place to mitigate the risk that we might be used to facilitate financial crime.
The role is based on a 12-month contract.
• Bachelor or Master degree, preferably finance / law related
• fluency in English
• confidence to challenge the status quo and demonstrate strong risk awareness
• ability to prioritize own workload and to work well within a team
• excellent judgment and decision making skills
• good knowledge of MS Office
• existing knowledge and understanding of AML/Financial Crime beneficial but not essential
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.