Virtual Platform Systems Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a qualified VMWare Engineer with a proven track record? Are you able to solve complex issues under pressure and thrive? Are you prepared to challenge the status quo to achieve improvements?
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced senior level Systems Administrator in the Virtual Platform team to fill a contract position initially for 6 months with a potential for extension. The candidate for the role will be responsible for the day-to-day support of a large scale global Virtual infrastructure based on VMWare vSphere operating system and HP Cloud Service Automation technology, On/Off Prem Azure as well as container as a service infrastructure based on Kubernetes. This exciting and diverse role also covers project related tasks.
Projects include vSphere upgrades, rollout, data center exit, virtual estate management covering the above tehnologies including commission, migration and support of AKS/PKS and Azure Cloud simple architectures. The candidate will deal with support groups in both offshore and onshore locations in troubleshooting production problems and with the businesses to gather business requirements and schedule and implement changes. Weekend work and after hour work are expected. The candidate is expected to be part of global on-call rotation receiving escalation calls from first and second level support teams. This position is available from June 1st of 2020 and is based in Krakow Poland.
• Support the Service & Product Managers across the virtual technical domains
• Ensure workflows, processes, tooling and applications are of the highest quality standard
• Contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services and improve where necessary
• Define workarounds for known errors, apply fixes and initiate process improvements for reactive and proactive resolution of critical incidents.
You’ll be joining the global VISM team in Krakow covering the UK hours via the follow the sun model. We have a team of five highly experienced and qualified engineers working on cutting edge technologies.
Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to deliver solutions in a timely manner
• Good communication and troubleshooting skills with a collaborative attitude to knowledge sharing
• Ability to work with global teams
• Ability to perform formal root cause analysis for HPE compute hardware, 3PAR arrays and VMWare suite of products.
• Troubleshoot major VMWare OS issues and provide explanation to team members, clients, and management as well as present where necessary.
• Project management skills for dealing with high visibility projects such as IaaS and CaaS.
• Ability to collect and analyze virtual platform capacity and customer demands.
• Detailed administration knowledge of HPE server hardware, BIOS, firmware and drivers along with Flex10/Virtual connect technology covering C7000, Proliant and Synergy families of products.
• Thorough understanding of all versions of VMware vSphere Operating Systems and tools such as VCOPS, VROPS, VCAC etc.
• PowerShell scripting knowledge to proficient level.
• Good Excel and Powerpoint skills with the ability to document complex technical concepts.
• Understanding of HP Blade hardware and Flex 10 modules
• Networking knowledge
• HPE 3PAR SAN including an understanding of Fabric infrastructure and basic understanding of NAS based Storage systems.
• HP Cloud Service Automation knowledge would be advantageous along with working knowledge of Azure and Container based services such as Kubernetes.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.