Interim Business Process Outsourcing Category Manager
Business management, administration and support
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about applying your expertise in Procurement and Sourcing and delivering change? Are you detail oriented and a great communicator? Do you want to work closely with senior management across the Supply Chain and beyond? Are you motivated to have meaningful impact on the forward looking success of the organization?
If so, we would like to meet you as we are looking for someone like you to support the building and running of our Supply Chain Category and Supplier Management Function.
This role encompasses the following requirements:
• working collaboratively with senior stakeholders to develop and implement Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) category strategies, delivering year on year benefits and improvements in the BPO category
• creating, agreeing and renewing a transparent pipeline of BPO deals
• manage and identify opportunities / initiatives to drive innovation or leverage vendor capabilities beyond contracted services and across the BPO category
• working seamlessly across Supply Chain and Chain IQ (our outsourced procurement services partner) to integrate activity into category management and enhance knowledge sharing and communication
• establishing and institutionalizing best practice end to end processes, policies and mindsets
• monitor and report on savings delivered from category initiatives and deals
• track category performance against KPI’s and understand how you can influence improvements in the KPIs
• act as a trusted advisor with all internal business partners and a strong emphasis on concise and accurate communication, both written and verbal
• challenge business sourcing decisions, to ensure policies are being followed
• providing oversight of team activity in Poland
You will be working in the Supplier Management team spread across UBS locations in Poland (Zabierzow near Krakow), Switzerland, UK, India, and US. This team is part of UBS’s Supply Chain organization within Group Corporate Services and was created to support UBS with its third party vendor sourcing strategies as well as to manage the services provided by our external suppliers. You will report to Head of Category & Supplier Management for Business Process Outsourcing.
Supply Chain provides four services: Category & Supplier Management, Regional Procurement, Vendor Risk Management and MDS Governance; and includes a Commercial Support and Transformation team.
• a university degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline and may have professional commercial qualifications e.g. MBA or CIPS
• previous experience in the financial services industry and / or major BPO outsourcing companies
• very strong subject matter expertise in BPO procurement, with at least 8 years international procurement experience within the BPO category
• highly financially literate, with good commercial and financial analysis experience
• strong analytical, problem solving and change management skills
• very strong interpersonal and leadership skills demonstrated by leading teams and building relationships to deliver tangible results in complex environments
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, including being able to deal with senior stakeholders across the organisation with a strong emphasis on concise and accurate communication
• fluent in written and spoken English
• an independent, engaged person who communicates openly, raises concerns & issues proactively
• willing and comfortable to work in an international environment
• maintaining a good eye for detail and taking ownership and high quality of own work results
• quick to learn and adapt to a changing environment
• passionate for continuous improvement and process optimization
• advanced MS Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.