Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about "the developer experience"? Are you excited by the prospect of helping to drive and deliver change that will positively impact the way developers and engineers work? Do you also have DevOps experience and could you help us to transform the operation of our UAT environments? Do you have a thirst for knowledge in general and a love of technology in particular? Can you manage multiple tasks and still maintain an attention to detail? Can you challenge the status quo with a view to improving current processes and practices?
We’re looking for an Experienced DevOps engineer with a strong understanding of DevOps functions & ability to automate manual processes & deployments to work as a Local DevOps Lead to drive standardisation and improvements across multiple applications (100+). This is a hands-on role with a small element of team management (5-10%) looking to impact developer experience, productivity, costs & profitability, speed & application delivery by using Continuous Delivery
You will aim to
• Design and develop (CI/CD) continuous delivery systems and methodologies and drive their implementation and adoption.
• Ensure appropriate quality gates (QA, Regression, Performance Testing, etc) have been baked into our build / release processes
• Lead the effort to containerize applications and tools, and drive container orchestration across the portfolio.
• Be an agent of change by selling our vision via live demos and partnering teams.
• Assist development teams define their migration paths to the Cloud, utilizing right tools and best practices, and mitigating potential risks
• Apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
• Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
• Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts
• Devise and develop analytical methods and tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes
• Advise on new technologies and methodologies by becoming an expert in emerging technologies and tools
You will be working in the Global Equities and Derivatives department within the DevOps team, based in Wroclaw. The team is responsible for the DevOps activities for over 100 different applications in more than 400 different repositories. The department is spread across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific and is responsible for building and supporting Client Facing, Order Management, Quoting, Trade Booking and Lifecycle systems used by the Global Equity Derivatives business. There applications are used on the trading floors in London, New York and Hong Kong.
• Experience and exposure working with DevOps CICD tools in particular GitLabs, GitHub, TeamCity, Azure DEVOPS, Nuget, Sonar etc.
• Excellent understanding of application build tools: Puppet / Maven / Gulp / Gradle / MSBuild / NPM etc.
• Proficient in scripting languages like shell scripts, batch scripts, Python, XML etc.
• Experienced in monitoring applications/process using AppDynamics, Moogsoft, Splunk & ELK Pipeline etc.
• Demonstrable experience of infrastructure knowledge: Operating Systems, VMs, Proxy, Networking (TCP/IP), Storage
• Experience with SRE best-practices
• Experience implementing and advising on cloud adoption and containerization solutions
• Detailed experience in creating, testing and deploying Kubernetes yaml files for stateful application components
• Experience of Azure / Microsoft capable languages, such as ARM, PowerShell, yaml and a good understanding of Azure API's
• Strong networking skills, capable of facilitating cross-functional collaborations
• Critical thinking skills that can handle ambiguity and demanding global stakeholder expectations
• A dynamic skillset, capable of performing development functions alongside team lead responsibilities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
• A self-sufficient, quick learner, who can work well both independently as well as in a team
• A committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• Someone who is technically excellent and wants to grow
• Passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
• The go-to person for the latest development innovation
• Willing to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas that would remove or reduce manual effort
• Focused on quality
• Well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• An excellent communicator
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.