Senior Java/Full-Stack Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
UBS Global Markets Tech team is looking for an experienced Java/full-stack developer to join its Equity Derivatives Quoting and Market Making team in Krakow.
This is a role for:
• a skilled Java engineer with ability to work across full stack, front-end to back-end, and;
• person keen on learning and utilizing latest frameworks and technologies on daily basis, and;
• somebody who is not afraid of a complex financial business domain
The role involves working together with front office traders and sales, utilizing latest frameworks and technologies to provide strategic pricing and quoting systems for Equity Derivatives based on modern and maintainable technical solutions. The role will be responsible for developing high quality trading and sales pricing tools with opportunity to work on front to back architecture and implementation.
• The candidate will be participating in the design and development of cutting edge infrastructure, systems and applications used by Front Office to provide streamlined and revenue-generating services to our clients with opportunity to participate in full-stack design and implementation.
• Designing and building new pricing and analysis tools with modern technology for trading vanilla to light exotic products globally.
• The candidate will be expected to closely liaise with trading, sales, quants, structuring and the tech groups in the equity derivatives business. The products spread across exchange listed, OTC and exotics.
• The candidate will be able to rapidly learn in-depth knowledge and gain experience of Equity Derivatives trading / risk management from both technology and business perspective.
You will be an essential part of the global Equity Derivatives Quoting and Market Making team that operates across Krakow, Hong Kong, London and New York.
• This position is open to professionals with > 6 years of experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience can be considered.
• Minimum Bachelor degree from a recognized University. Computer Science / Engineering / Physics and Mathematics majors preferred.
• Self-motivated with independent thinking and a quick learner that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills, experience in working across business and IT at all levels will be a plus.
• An excellent team player with a focus on creating modern and maintainable solutions.
• Strong interest in applying academic knowledge/technical skills to solving practical problems in the Investment Banking industry.
• Knowledge and practical experience of Equity Derivatives is a plus.
• Senior Java developer with excellent understanding of memory model and multithreading
• Experience with micro-services and REST
• Hands-on experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• Hands on with Unix
• Practical experience with designing and building modern scalable and maintainable systems
• Prior experience with Docker, Azure, K8s desirable
• Experience with stream processing & Kafka desirable
• experience with other JVM languages such as Kotlin/Groovy is a plus
• Finance sector background a plus
• Attitude for learning and embracing new technologies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.