Cloud application architect (Senior Lead)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for passionate and experienced hands-on IT architect with strong and proven cloud knowledge to lead cloud transformation of Investment Bank Derivatives & Solutions sector. This role has global scope and is strongly independent.
Specifically the duties include (but not limited to):
• Assessing business infrastructure and migrating to cloud where opportunities exist.
• Utilising prove patterns and tools to breaking down monoliths to microservices.
• Promoting use of containers
• Promoting use of dynamic scaling technology like PKS & AKS
• Utilising proven patterns to migrate databases away from Oracle & Sybase to Postgres or Azure native.
• Working within the suggested architecture patterns from the CTO group, promote more cloud native design and thinking.
• Guide breaking application in modular parts and taking those parts on the journey to the cloud
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working as part of the Derivatives&Solutions Poland technology team. You will be a member of global platform leadership, working closely with other technology teams and multiple scrum teams located in multiple UBS locations including EMEA, APAC and AMER regions.
• Experience in at least one cloud provider (Microsoft Azure preferred)
• On-hands experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Strong in java || C# || python with proven industry experience
• Experience with YAML and Terraform scripts
• Understanding of monitoring solutions
• Ability to work with business on migration to cloud journey with defined milestones and consistent communication
Nice to have:
• Aware of on-going technology trends and how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
• Proven experience with CI/CD
• Experience with Gitlab
• Knowledge/experience with Apache Kafka / Event Hubs
• Understanding data security, transmission and encryption.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.