Big Data Solution Architect – Group Treasury Tech
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building highly available, robust and scalable distributed systems? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
If you have experience in designing architecture of data and analytics platforms, leveraging tools such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, or real-time event processing platforms such as Apache Storm or Kafka, and are interested in dev teams embracing cloud technologies, come and talk to us.
We’re looking for a big data solution architect to be:
• Platform’s design point of contact: providing detailed guidance to the platform’s core and feature teams on Big Data design and solution engineering
• The team’s and platform stakeholders' trusted advisor: collaborate with dev teams and technical stakeholders to learn about and use optimally Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
• A community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide Group Technology community
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You'll be working within the Group Treasury Technology team, responsible for delivering the next generation liquidity and fund management platform, LiFE. This is a new solution aiming at supporting more stringent cash flow management and providing liquidity & funds to all lines of business in UBS group. As a solution architect, you’ll play a key role in bringing this vision to life.
• Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data / Apache Hadoop ecosystem (including tools such as Spark and Hive), or in the Real-time ecosystem (with tools such as Apache Kafka, Flink and Storm)
• Proven experience on database and analytics technologies in the industry (such as Data Warehousing, MPP, Relational, OLTP, OLAP, and NoSQL databases), on commercial or open source solutions (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Databases, IBM DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, HBase, Snowflake) on different stages of the lifecycle (Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimisation, Data Migration and Integration)
• Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
• Ability to formulate and communicate ideas clearly in a business environment, including presenting in front of varied internal and external audiences
• Business fluent English is required for internal communication and collaboration with the worldwide teams
• Technical degree in computer science, math, or engineering such as a Master's degree
• Hands on experience and track record of designing large-scale Big Data solutions, global data warehousing and analytics projects
• Scripting/Programming skills – Python, Java
• Deep understanding of the technical and use case differences between OLTP, OLAP, in-memory, columnar, MPP, NoSQL, big data batch and streaming data stores and their impact on application design and performance
• Experience in designing, deploying or managing Data Lake platforms in complex environments
• Understanding of security practices related to data ingestion, storage, analysis and visualization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.