Who we are looking for
A professional who will join State Street IMS team and support Front Office Data Control (FODC) - a service offered to IMS clients. It is designed to compare records of the Client`s Front Office System to records kept at State Street, flag and resolve differences, work with internal teams and the client front office provider to resolve breaks, have a proactive mindset to inform other business units of potential issues further downstream.
Why this role is important to us
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
What you will be responsible for
As a Front to Back Client Service Operations Senior Specialist you will:
- Support FODC (Front Office Data Control) process.
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries.
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements.
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Maintain Open Actions / Issues logs which aid in tracking issues and providing a document to reference within checkpoint meetings with manager.
- Track key project milestones to help ensure that each functional area within the team is built and ready ahead of a conversion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Architect Lead to help aid successful delivery of each milestone.
- Where applicable, provide assistance to manager and team members to close out issues.
- Think globally by encouraging the regional FODC teams to work together to discuss strategic initiatives and close out issues.
- Assist in gathering/preparing project information by attending and facilitating client and internal meetings.
- Assist in the analysis of current/proposed processes and recommend solutions and improved processes.
- Support of preparation of Operating Models, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators for FODC.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good client service skills.
- Good time management, organizational and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree.
- Min 3 years of experience in a Fund Accounting/Middle Office or similar areas is necessary.
- Experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience in IBOR considered a plus
- Customer service experience considered as a plus.
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent English skills.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway