Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you interested in identifying and helping to mitigate complex application and infrastructure risks? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that works hard, but has fun doing it? If so, then we may have the solution for you.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Division
State Street’s Corporate Audit Division carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors—advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives and process and systemic changes
- Subject matter and controls experts—providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists—identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners—looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities
Who are we looking for?
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges?
As a key member of the team, you will:
- Work as part of an international team with global stakeholders in new and changing situations where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Manage the planning, assessment, testing and reporting phases of audits covering IT governance, systems infrastructure, information security, application controls, and operational activities.
- Perform independent and objective assessments of risks and controls to improve risk management practices.
- Assess systems and supporting controls for compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and meet business needs.
- Recommend control improvements to mitigate key risks.
- Influence change and provide insights on business initiatives, including system implementations.
- Prepare or review audit workpapers to ensure compliance with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
- Supervise, coach and develop staff, helping to build technology audit skills across the Corporate Audit division.
- Use your excellent writing skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms.
- Prepare audit reports and present key findings to senior level management.
Qualifications and required experience:
- University degree in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field; Advanced degree in information technology, cyber security or systems engineering preferred.
- Experience leading and supervising project teams, preferably in an audit or assurance capacity within the financial services industry.
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Expertise in or experience auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- Enterprise security controls frameworks
- Enterprise application development models (i.e., waterfall, rapid prototyping, agile, etc.,)
- Perimeter/Internal Security Technologies (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems)
- Data Loss Prevention technologies and support processes
- Network Segmentation and Separation Solutions
- Identity and Access Management/Privileged Access Management/Adaptive Authentication Solutions
- Platform and Configuration Hardening Practices
- Threat Intelligence and Insider Threat Detection
- Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) Technologies
- Cyber Incident and response
- Public Cloud Security
- Financial services operational processes and technology
- Automated business process controls
- Data protection (GDPR)
- Resiliency and Business Continuity Management
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations.
- Professional curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- One or more industry recognized certification (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Cloud+) and the willingness to continue to learn and grow.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
- Ready to travel up-to 20%
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway