KYC Approver SME
Job Reference #
Are you incredibly organized with an eye for detail? Do you know how to take care of business?
We are looking for someone to focus on KYC, AML and CDD and compliance and controls surrounding BSA / AML policies and procedures in a fast-paced environment. You'll be part of the KYC team at UBS and will be responsible for Quality of KYC within the Investment Bank.
• Perform quality checks on work done by KYC Analysts
• Take part in different projects in KYC area as SME
• Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients;
• Escalate any unusual activity / transaction activity changes to compliance and the business
• Provide sign offs as Regional Head of Onboarding Delegate
• Determine/confirm KYC data and collect relevant information in line with regulatory requirements
• Classify clients from a risk and regulatory perspective
• Ensure appropriate and confidential handling / sharing of sensitive information
• Contribute ideas and participate in efforts to further improve and streamline the process
• Share SME knowledge with less experience colleagues in the team
• Perform basic, additional and enhanced due diligence KYC screenings for new and existing customers
• Contribute to continuous improvement of processes and services
You’ll be working in the KYC Onboarding team in Krakow. As part of the team you will be making sure that due diligence checks conducted on potential clients of the Investment Bank across all business areas and products types are accurate. As all KYC checks must be completed before a client transacts with UBS for the first time, you will be responsible for analyzing negative news to manage and mitigate the risk of being involved in money laundering, financing terrorism or other illegal activities.
• bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance/economics/legal or similar
• at least 2-3 years of previous experience in KYC/AML/Compliance
• fluent in English
• meticulous work ethic, with attention to detail and service orientation
• great communicator, able to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.