Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Senior Business Analyst
Work location: Shell Energy Campus, Czerwone Maki 85
The Upstream Snr Business Analyst role is a critical position within the Upstream Planning, Appraisal & Reporting team, for the effective performance and risk management of our businesses. The Upstream PAR teams, through regular reporting & planning cycles, provide world class finance support for senior decision makers. These roles are also critical to the delivery of the business plan: comprising the annual Operating Plan with long-term Strategic Plan Updates.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of a professional finance team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal of the business. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high-quality submission.
Individually this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process and typically be the subject matter expert / owner for a Key Financial Indicator (eg. Cash, Capex, Opex) across an entire business. These are end-to-end roles delivered from Finance Operations where products need to be delivered with absolute quality for interface directly with senor business leaders. As such this role does provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization. This role covers existing scope within R&A which is being re-focused with deeper Global & Strategic Themes (ST) accountabilities and more process focus as part of World Class Finance.
These roles will report to a Strategic Theme PAR Lead (eg. Shales). The roles will have an accountability to deliver in one of two capacities:
1) As an Upstream KPI focal accountable for the STs performance on this KPI along with understanding and delivering to global stakeholders for the full analysis of this KPI. These roles offer a broad global view of business performance with the ability to apply this in a single line of business context.
2) As a Strategic Theme dedicated focal with ST KPI focus for planning and appraisal along with country interface. These roles offer deeper interaction with individual ST performance and partnering.
Experience with continuous improvement (especially Lean) and change management is important and will be developed
• Easiness to use Excell for data comparisons, analysis and report compilation
• Mindset to drive true global standards in a customer centric way
• Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills.
• You should have a professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA - or demonstrate recent progress to obtaining your qualification.
• Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
• Strong communication skills, and ability to synthesize data into key messages & business insights
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
• Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
Number of Vacancies:
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of
the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity