Who we are looking for
A professional with at least 3-4 years of experience who will join Financial Reporting Team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Expert you will
- Directly manage the assigned clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Provide high quality review of sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Schedule of Investments, Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles.
- Assist Financial Reporting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Be up to date with all regulatory changes. Analyze and adapt to new accounting and financial reporting standards in cooperation with other SMEs and Business Partners as well as ensure staff is trained and aware in advance about the impact of these changes.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland and ensure proper governance and controls are in place; perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Observe, inspect and evaluate the performance of the preparers and the reviewers (all grades), and recommend to the people manager the trainings needs of these people to eliminate knowledge and process gaps.
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the Customer; track issue trends and escalate as needed.
- Propose and/or implement the procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within the continuous improvement drive to ensure that the department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc.
- Analyze the recurring issues reported in the logs, coordinate preparation of the adequate actions plan and make sure these issues are properly addressed within the team in aim to increase the level of knowledge and increase the quality of the team deliverables.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls; evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy, initiate remedial action as necessary and ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of financial reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressured environment.
- Enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Seeks responsibility
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/MA degree in a related field, e.g. accounting.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes.
- Up to date on technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports.
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway