IT Support Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for technology, always interested in improving existing processes? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you passionate about IT process automation using cutting edge tooling platforms? Supported large scale production systems? We’re looking for someone with such experience that to help us:
− Provide front-line technical support to end users on a variety of technical issues.
− Support and monitor various business/IT applications, batch jobs and infrastructure components as part of an application support team providing coverage from multiple regions.
− Analyze recurring failures and events as part of Continuous Service Improvement and eliminate top demands
− Managing knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
− Coordinate with internal and/or external teams to conduct and manage special events such as disaster recovery tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, and special event days.
− Convert manual tasks/intervention/operations into automation requirements/specifications.
• Incident Resolution - Incident investigation, diagnosis & resolution. Uphold high standards for timely issue resolution.
• Problem Management - Helping to capture and track tasks to both analyze incidents implement preventative measures to prevent repeat occurrences.
• Release Management – Release planning and week-end support for production deployment and patching activities
• Application Management Standards - Work with Application Development to ensure new projects are implemented in line with current standards.
• Application Availability - Partner with IT Infrastructure and Application Development to proactively improve application serviceability, reliability and scalability.
• Technical Documentation – Maintain knowledge database, review and amend technical documentation, such as support and disaster recovery procedures, to ensure that they are kept up to date.
• Batch Management - Resolve batch problems and help identify opportunities to optimize processing.
• Performance Monitoring & Enhancement - work with IT Infrastructure to ensure that all relevant metrics for server performance and capacity are available. Use metrics to maintain and enhance system performance.
You’ll be working in the Technology Operations Centre (TOC) in Poland. We are aligned to the Asset Management (AM) business and are responsible for providing application support in a 24x7 follow-the-sun model, utilizing hubs in both Pune and Chicago. Responsibilities cover all of the AM business applications from front to back office, offering wide variety and excellent learning opportunities.
– Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
– Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities
– Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
– Strong customer focus & communication skills
– Self-driven yet collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– Someone who challenges the norm and drives the team forward
– A confident communicator who is able explain technology to non-technical audiences
– Capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
– Broadly experienced in a range of technical skills
– Familiar with multiple operating systems and common support tools
– ITIL certified to Foundation Level
– Working knowledge:
• SQL scripting
• Unix (AIX, Linux)
• Relational databases (Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL)
Knowledge of some of the following would be helpful
– Basic PowerShell & Shell-Scripting knowledge
– Autosys or another enterprise scheduling tools
– Informatica or another enterprise ETL
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.