Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Hungry for new Technologies? Are you ready to design the future landscape of Shell business?
Join the Commercialization and Market Research team! CAMRA is a newly created team that will provide fact-based insights for technology investment decisions and deployment strategies. Supporting and enabling Contracting&Procurement Technology Supply Chain Leads (SCL), CAMRA will exploit market research methodologies improving Shell’s innovation deployment.
Your main responsibilities would be:
Technology market research support- Exploit market research databases, internal/external subject matter experts; process, synthesize and integrate diverse inputs to support an accurate, insightful and in-depth analysis. Outputs include: commercial solution search, market size/segmentation, tech SWOT, trade study, trend/driver analysis, taxonomy, competitive landscape, candidate screening, and many others
Commercialization framing support- Participate in decision framing sessions; clarify and refine core assumptions/hypothesis, capture data and knowledge gaps which require market research. Outputs include: technology business case, Buy-Collaborate-Build (BCB) decision, partner selection, supply/value chain map.
Technology platform market domain expert- Continuously develop market domain expertise for assigned technology platforms, supporting SCL’s annual input to Technology Maturation Plans (TMP)
Cross-platform technology theme domain expert (ex. Robotic inspections)-Assess and communicate the impact of technology themes across all applicable technology platforms; highlighting applicability, impact, maturity, current/future providers.
Tools, Training, and Administration- Develop and maintain commercialization and market research: tools, knowledge management systems, and competence development programs. Contract holder for third party market research contractors; proactively addressing and improving performance.
You will have the opportunity to work along side Supply Chains& Commercial Delivery Managers (CDM’s), project managers, technical Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), technology opportunity managers.
You will have schedule flexibility to manage interfaces across geographies, while maintaining a healthy work-life-balance.
This role is initially dedicated for 1 year assignment.
If you have:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing/Sales, Economics or Business Administration;
- Excellent spoken and written English skills (min.C1 level)
- Superior presentation skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent skills in MS Excel (data cleaning, statistical analysis, pivot tables, advanced tables/charts), MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate skills in PowerBI and other visualization tools (would be an advantage)
- Proficiency in handling multiple concurrent projects and deadlines;
- High integrity, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent research skills, including experience with database search functionality (ex. Boolean);
- Ability to analyze data to draw conclusions, produce insights, and recommend actions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective business partner, building trust and influencing across a variety of organizational levels within a virtual, global environment;
- Ability to prepare and deliver professional, coherent and effective written and spoken material, distilling complex messages to succinct, focused messages;
- Solid project management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work with incomplete data or open-ended questions;
- Effective at managing stakeholder expectations;
- A logical, analytical, curious, and creative thinker who learns quickly;
- Voracious reader, able to consume large quantities of content and extract key take-aways;
- Willing/ able to be flexible and support your team mates when required to deliver team objectives;
- Striving for continuous improvement, with a personal commitment to deliver high quality output;
- Eager to develop your skills in role, through self-study and through formal training...
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects