Automation and Tools team is responsible for tools that automate, monitor and troubleshoot network issues - including; SD-WAN solutions, netflow, packet capture, hardware and software configuration assurance, telemetry, event management consoles and security. Candidate that will be joining our team will act as application admin for one or more tools in the portfolio of the team, and additionally will take part in certification and implementation of new solutions for Citi tools team.
- Oversee end-to-end automation process, identifying automation needs, documenting to understand and execute against project scope, and partnering alongside key partners to design and implement automation that matches the need of the business
- Plan, install and maintain automation software on various platforms, monitoring functionality to ensure optimal output
- Perform automation monitoring and tuning, participating in process redesign and making recommendations on improvements for current automation solutions when possible
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) post restoration of service for supported platforms
- Act as a subject matter expert for one or more assigned applications in the tools environment.
- Design testing approaches, complex processes, reporting streams, and create automation of repetitive tasks
- Provide technical/strategic direction and act as advisory/coach to lower level analysts
- Responsible for overall operating system applications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Working knowledge of Linux environment and use of Linux/UNIX utilities and shell scripting.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work with virtual and in-person teams, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Experience with Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle.
Nice to have:
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and network routing protocols,
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- An understanding of networks and network monitoring would be very advantageous for the applicant.
- Knowledge of any of following solutions is a plus: Data Lake, HP Network Automation, Cisco NSO, Cisco DNA, Netbrain, Plixer Scrutinizer, SMARTS, Prognosis, Infovista, Nagios, Corvil.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
What do we offer:
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Access to broad offering of classroom and online trainings, as well as job shadowing opportunities
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Work will be challenging and offering constant development opportunities
- Cooperation with teams around the world, English usage on a daily basis