Who we are looking for
As a Risk Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will provide an independent validation of business models developed by SSGA. You will need the ability to organize both qualitative and quantitative information in a meaningful way to develop and implement plans to mitigate risks to SSGA.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with other Model Risk Management team members on conducting validations of new models and advising on changes to existing models. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions. Institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
The Global ERM team consists of over 70 risk professionals based in Boston, Stamford, London, Dublin, Krakow, Bangalore and Sydney. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, credit, and model risk globally
What you will be responsible for
- Support Model Risk Management in achieving regulatory compliance while gaining efficiency and productivity
- Review the model workflow and identifying gaps in model development, implementation, and usage process and documentation
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, traders, researchers, IT, and Corporate Model Risk Management to conduct independent full scope validation as well as annual reviews of SSGA investment models
- Review and assess model changes and conduct targeted validation on significant model changes
- Evaluate remediation submissions and ongoing monitoring of SSGA investment models
- Identify, assess, and report model risks on individual model and aggregate level to management through validation reports for all SSGA models
- Assist in various ad-hoc requests
What we value
- A strong verbal and written communicator in English is essential
- Can articulate ideas and analysis effectively
- Adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities to tight deadlines
- Have ability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Past experience in modeling or validation in financial industry would be an asset
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field, or its equivalent
- Programming fluency in Python/R/Matlab language is highly preferred
- Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
- Take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Have ability and motivation to master key concepts and themes in an evolving regulatory environment.
- Have high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution.
- Have a positive attitude that motivates and inspires others.
- Excellent analytical, social and communication skills combined with ability to work independently with can-do attitude.
- High degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution.