Principal IT Infrastructure Management (Derivatives & Solutions)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for experienced IT infrastructure manager to update, extend and maintain IT infrastructure on-remise and in the cloud for one of the fast-growing Investment Bank Technology segments – Global Equity Derivatives (GED).
Specifically the duties include (but not limited to):
* Primary point of contact between Application Teams and Infrastructure Teams.
• Working with Application Teams to understand plans / options / target-state and cost of any decisions
• Ensure the target end-state is the most cost efficient to address their technical requirements.
• Ensure Application Teams are adhering to UBS Wide Standards
• Work with Infrastructure teams / Operations to plan and implement any required changes.
* Cost Management
• Full Transparency of cost associated with Infrastructure Consumption Bill (i.e. how much we are spending)
• Socialisation of ISE Rate Card (i.e. how much different things cost)
• Monthly oversight & management of billing, highlighting any changes in consumption that are increasing the on-prem bill (i.e. explaining any deltas – expected / not-expected)
• Polices the implementation of New Hardware and the hand-back of redundant hardware to optimise against the monthly billing cycle.
• Infrastructure Roadmap Adoption – Clear guidance on EOL & EOSL
• Promote Key Infrastructure Solutions Engineering led initiatives related to Operating Systems / Datacentres / End User Initiatives
• Encourage the right behaviour from the Application Development Teams to benefit the bigger organisation (i.e. don’t waste money unnecessarily)
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• Significant experience in similar role
• Experience with Linux/Unix, database (Oracle RAC, Postgres), VMWare, NetScaler/F5, SAN storage, NFS storage
• Experience with monitoring tools and ability to generate/create ITIL reports (AppDynamics, Tableau)
• Experience with at least one cloud provider (MS Azure preferred)
• Experience with ServiceNOW
• Understanding of SDLC
• Basic understanding of electronic trading process, data flows and performance requirements
• Technical background/understanding of OSes and hardware
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.