Linux System Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Linux Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for the Linux operation system? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
– recreate existing deployment and OS build mechanisms
– build new CI/CD pipeline following current UBS best practices
– develop Chef cook-books based on existing puppet modules
– evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
– analyze errors and define corrective measures
– cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Core Distributed team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs.
You'll be working the Linux Engineering team based in Wroclaw. As an Senior IT System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the Linux across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role.
– strong experience in RHEL engineering
– previous experience with Jenkins and Groovy
– coding in Ruby and Python (in GitHub)
– should have hands-on experience with Chef as well as cloud-init (preferably in Azure DevOps environment)
– puppet, ansible and ubuntu experience is a plus
– previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
– well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
– ‘infrastructure as a code’ mindset
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.